The shares of Bisalloy Steel Group Limited (ASX:BIS), a specialist manufacturer of high-tensile and abrasion-resistant quenched and tempered steel plate, have soared by an impressive 79.49% over the past six months. This significant upsurge raises an important question among investors: are the company’s recent stock market achievements reflective of its robust fundamental performance? A deeper examination of Bisalloy’s financial health appears to suggest a correlation.

At the core of any business’s financial success is its return on equity (ROE), a key profitability ratio that investors scrutinise. Bisalloy Steel’s ROE stands at a solid 20%, calculated using the formula which defines ROE as net profit divided by shareholders’ equity. This figure is not just a testament to profitability but also to the company’s efficiency in using its equity.

Focusing on the company’s income growth, Bisalloy Steel Group has reported a 27% increase in net income over the last five years. This is particularly notable as it surpasses the industry average, which has seen a 20% growth pattern during the same period. This sustained rise in net income is indicative of the company’s ability to expand and generate higher profits consistently over time.

Examining the distribution of profits, the company maintains a balanced approach with a three-year median payout ratio of 47%. This implies that while nearly half of the income is returned to shareholders as dividends, the remaining 53% is retained for reinvestment into the business. Such a strategy could be contributing to the company’s growth and enabling it to continue enhancing shareholder value.


Top Australian Brokers


Bisalloy Steel Group’s dividend history is a mirror to its commitment to its shareholders. With a track record of paying dividends for at least ten years, the company demonstrates a consistent and reliable approach to profit-sharing. Long-term investors, in particular, may find this history reassuring as it signals stability and a shareholder-friendly policy within the company’s financial practices.

Investors often look at the price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio to gauge market sentiment about a stock. The P/E ratio can provide insight into the market’s expectation of a company’s earnings growth. Bisalloy’s earnings reinvestment and high rate of return have notably translated into substantial earnings growth, a dynamic that usually attracts investor attention and could impact the P/E ratio positively


Bisalloy Steel Group Limited’s impressive stock performance in recent months appears to be underpinned by strong fundamental indicators. With a high return on equity, consistent income growth that beats industry averages, a prudent balance between dividend payout and earnings retention, a long-term dividend-paying track record, and significant earnings growth, the company makes a compelling case for its rising share value. 114.36% gains in share price over the past 12 months and a stock trading near 52 week highs will look good to some, but buying into such a bullish sentiment still carries risk.

Often times you will see stocks stumble around all time highs for a while as new support levels look to get set in, but as with all potential opportunities, you will need to do some considerable due diligence before making any decisions. It can be easy to get caught up in a run up, but remember that your own P/L is not something you should risk for fear of missing out.


Don’t Buy Just Yet

You will want to see this before you make any decisions.

Before you decide which shares to add to your portfolio you might want to take a look at this special report we recently published.

Our experts picked out The 5 best ASX shares to buy in 2024.

We’re giving away this valuable research for FREE.

Click below to secure your copy