- Program to help local small and medium enterprises advance their export activities in new Asian markets
- Grants of up to $27,500 are available from a pool of $415,000
- Expressions of Interest close on 22 November
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now open for round five of the WA Government’s Access Asia Business Grants program.
Grants of up to $27,500 are available from a grant pool of $415,000 for the 2022-23 financial year.
The competitive grants program supports local small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and organisations to advance their export activities and build their competitiveness in new Asian markets such as China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, and Vietnam.
Successful grant recipients can use the funding for activities such as:
- developing new partnerships and export plans;
- scoping new supply chains and e-commerce models;
- gathering in-market intelligence; and
- developing new marketing collateral for Asian markets.
Proposed projects must be in at least one of the following eight priority sectors outlined in the State’s economic development framework – Diversify WA – which includes:
Top Australian Brokers
- International education;
- Defence industries;
- Mining and mining equipment, technology, and services;
- Health and medical life sciences;
- Primary industries; and
- Tourism, events, and creative industries.
The Access Asia Business Grants program is a key initiative under Western Australia’s Asian Engagement Strategy 2019-2030: Our future with Asia. In line with this strategy, the grants are designed to strengthen Asian business capability within WA.
The EOI for round five of the Access Asia Business Grants program closes on 22 November 2022.