- SYDNEY, AAP – Westpac delighted investors with its first-half earnings on a good day for banks, however most of the share market fell.The bank’s cash earnings more than trebled to $3.5 billion and shares closed higher by five per cent to $26.23.The positivity helped much of the industry. Shares in financial companies closed up by 1.42 per cent.
Meanwhile, the benchmark S&P/ASX200 index closed higher by three points, or 0.04 per cent, to 7028.8 on Monday.
The All Ordinaries closed down by 3.9 points, or 0.05 per cent, to 7286.8 points.
The Australian dollar was buying 77.10 US cents at 1622 AEST, lower from 77.78 US cents at Friday’s close.
Westpac earnings a boost to bank shares
• Social and Copy Trading Platform
• Crypto, CFDs, Forex, Stocks
• 24/5 Customer Support
• Beginner Friendly
• ASIC, CySEC, FCA regulated
– Only $100 minimum deposit
– Over 15,000 trading instruments
– ASIC & VFSC Regulation
– Spreads from 0,0 Pips
– Free Demo Account
Well established Beginner friendly Free webinars Regulated: ASIC FCA Platforms: Advantage Web AT Pro MT4 WebTrader