SYDNEY, AAP – Insurer QBE has named the boss of UK insurer Beazley, Andrew Horton, as its next chief executive.
After the market closed on Wednesday, the insurer said Mr Horton would join after 13 years running the UK-listed insurer, which trades across most continents.
QBE chair Mike Wilkins said Mr Horton had a deep understanding of the industry, and was known for driving positive change and high performance.
Mr Horton also worked in banking for 15 years at ING, Nat West and Lloyds Bank.
QBE’s previous chief executive Pat Regan left last year following an investigation into workplace communications.
The insurer has given little details about Mr Regan’s departure although it also reviewed workplace culture so employees can “safely raise concerns”.
An interim boss, Richard Pryce, is in the role until September 1 when Mr Horton will replace him.
Shares were higher by 2.16 per cent to $9.48 at 1129 AEDT on Thursday.