- SYDNEY, AAP – Shares on the ASX have closed a little lower for the second consecutive day, as the main index remains little more than 7000 points.The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index closed lower by 11.8 points, or 0.17 per cent, to 7033.8 on Tuesday.The All Ordinaries closed lower by 12.3 points, or 0.17 per cent, to 7295.5 points.
Shares in information technology had the biggest loss, 2.53 per cent. US giants Microsoft, Google parent Alphabet, Apple and Facebook report earnings this week.
The Australian dollar earlier bought more than 78 US cents.
It was buying 77.96 US cents at 1618 AEST, higher from 77.69 US cents at Monday’s close.
ASX down 0.17pc, AUD toys with 78 US cents
• Social and Copy Trading Platform
• Crypto, CFDs, Forex, Stocks
• 24/5 Customer Support
• Beginner Friendly
• ASIC, CySEC, FCA regulated
– Only $100 minimum deposit
– Over 15,000 trading instruments
– ASIC & VFSC Regulation
– Spreads from 0,0 Pips
– Free Demo Account
Well established Beginner friendly Free webinars Regulated: ASIC FCA Platforms: Advantage Web AT Pro MT4 WebTrader