SUNDAY ON THE VICTORIAN ELECTION CAMPAIGN
WHERE THEY WENT
* Daniel Andrews – Clyde (in the electorate of Bass)
* Matthew Guy – Viewbank (Ivanhoe)
WHAT THEY SAID
* “It’s great for kids, great for house budgets and fantastic news for adults as well who are waiting far too long for the care that they need.” – Premier Daniel Andrews, on plans to bring back the free dental vans to public schools.
* “We don’t want them to lead a life of crime, this is a way to do things differently.” – Opposition Leader Matthew Guy promising to introduce a 12-week bootcamp for teenage criminals if Liberals are elected.
WHAT THEY PROMISED
– $395.8 million to provide free dental care to all public primary and secondary students
– $5 million funding for two-year pilot program that would see teenage criminals sent to a 12-week bootcamp program
– $200,000 for the STOP! One punch can kill campaign, a crime prevention initiative.