WHYALLA STEELWORKS DEVELOPMENTS:
* Steelworks’ production increased by 50,000 tonnes with exports of slabs to Liberty Newport in Wales
* Mining begun at the Iron Warrior and Iron Empress pits, as well as the restart of mining at the Iron Duchess deposit.
* The Tahmoor Coking Coal Operations purchased to secure the supply of coal to the steelworks and minimise coal price variations
* Majority stake taken in SIMEC ZEN Energy to reduce energy costs through renewable and cogeneration projects
* Investment of more than $50 million for a new main store and weighbridge and to upgrade ageing equipment
* A new mine plan implemented, aimed at securing the long-term future of the mining business
* Significantly reduced pellet production costs to improve overall plant performance