- SYDNEY, AAP – Digital media platform Facebook will soon begin paying News Corp’s Australian arm for using its content, under a deal struck following weeks of negotiations.
The three-year agreement means millions of Facebook users in Australia will have ongoing access to News’ stories and other content through the platform’s Facebook News product.
The agreement includes The Australian, news.com.au, metropolitan mastheads such as The Daily, Herald Sun and The Courier-Mail and regional and community publications.
“The agreement with Facebook is a landmark in transforming the terms of trade for journalism, and will have a material and meaningful impact on our Australian news businesses,” News Corp chief executive Robert Thomson said in a statement on Tuesday.
“Mark Zuckerberg and his team deserve credit for their role in helping to fashion a future for journalism, which has been under extreme duress for more than a decade.”
New Corp Aust seals deal with Facebook
• Social and Copy Trading Platform
• Crypto, CFDs, Forex, Stocks
• 24/5 Customer Support
• Beginner Friendly
• ASIC, CySEC, FCA regulated
– Only $100 minimum deposit
– Over 15,000 trading instruments
– ASIC & VFSC Regulation
– Spreads from 0,0 Pips
– Free Demo Account
Well established Beginner friendly Free webinars Regulated: ASIC FCA Platforms: Advantage Web AT Pro MT4 WebTrader