- SYDNEY, AAP – Miners and energy providers had steady rises on the Australian share market as investors targeted commodities-based stocks.
Mining giants BHP and Rio Tinto each gained more than 2.5 per cent after declines in the past two trading days.
The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index closed higher by 39.1 points, or 0.56 per cent, to 7067.9 on Tuesday.
The All Ordinaries closed up by 36.7 points, or 0.5 per cent, to 7323.5 points.
Materials shares, which include the miners, rose 2.21 per cent.
Energy shares had the next biggest gain, 1.71 per cent.
The Australian dollar was buying 77.43 US cents at 1622 AEST, higher from 77.10 US cents at Monday’s close.
Miners and energy providers lift ASX
• Social and Copy Trading Platform
• Crypto, CFDs, Forex, Stocks
• 24/5 Customer Support
• Beginner Friendly
• ASIC, CySEC, FCA regulated
– Only $100 minimum deposit
– Over 15,000 trading instruments
– ASIC & VFSC Regulation
– Spreads from 0,0 Pips
– Free Demo Account
Well established Beginner friendly Free webinars Regulated: ASIC FCA Platforms: Advantage Web AT Pro MT4 WebTrader