HOW DOES TRADE DEAL WITH INDONESIA HELP AUSTRALIA?
* Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement comes with a 100-day action plan, to deliver benefits for farmers and businesses.
* 99 per cent of Australian goods exports by value will enter Indonesia duty free, or with significantly improved preferential arrangements, upon entry into force.
* Better and more certain access for Australian business, including: agriculture (cattle, beef, sheep meat, feed grains and citrus), manufacturing (steel, copper, plastics), vocational and higher education services; services and investment (tourism, mining, healthcare and aged care, telecommunications, energy, infrastructure, professional services).
* Security ties are improved with shared commitments across defence, counter-terrorism and people-smuggling, maritime.
* Reaffirmed commitment to the Lombok Treaty, as the bedrock both countries defence and security relationship.
* Closer work on the environment including oceans and waste/plastic policy
* Over one million Australians visit Indonesia each year (number two destination for all Australians travelling overseas)
* Work to begin on improving visa system to streamline entry into Australia for Indonesians
* Re-evaluation of travel advisories where they are limiting the number of Australians visiting certain parts of Indonesia
* New energy dialogue to be set up, sharing clean energy technology and services
* Australian pension and superannuation funds to get greater access to invest in Indonesia
(Source: Prime Minister’s Office)