- SYDNEY, AAP – Biotechnology giant CSL and the miners had sizeable falls amid the biggest loss in the past six trading days on the Australian market.CSL shed 3.85 per cent while Fortescue Metals proved one of the major mining victims after it lost more than five per cent on Tuesday.
The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index closed lower by 108.6 points, or 1.47 per cent, to 7275.6.
The All Ordinaries closed down 110 points, or 1.43 per cent, to 7580.7.
The losses follow US bond yields rising overnight, which generally makes shares less attractive to investors.
The Australian dollar was buying 72.97 US cents at 1626 AEST, higher from 72.77 US cents at Monday’s close.
Biggest loss in six days for shares on ASX
• Social and Copy Trading Platform
• Crypto, CFDs, Forex, Stocks
• 24/5 Customer Support
• Beginner Friendly
• ASIC, CySEC, FCA regulated
– Only $100 minimum deposit
– Over 15,000 trading instruments
– ASIC & VFSC Regulation
– Spreads from 0,0 Pips
– Free Demo Account
Well established Beginner friendly Free webinars Regulated: ASIC FCA Platforms: Advantage Web AT Pro MT4 WebTrader