- SYDNEY, AAP – Australia’s share market has closed at its highest level since the coronavirus crash, and is within 100 points of records.
Market giants CSL and the Commonwealth Bank each gained more than two per cent and drove the indices higher early.
The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index closed higher by 27.9 points, or 0.39 per cent, to 7095.8.
The index’s record close is 7162.5, set in February last year days before the coronavirus crash.
The All Ordinaries on Wednesday was up by 20.7 points, or 0.28 per cent, to 7344.2 points.
The Australian dollar was buying 77.17 US cents at 1623 AEST, lower from 77.43 US cents at Tuesday’s close.
ASX less than 100 points from record
• Social and Copy Trading Platform
• Crypto, CFDs, Forex, Stocks
• 24/5 Customer Support
• Beginner Friendly
• ASIC, CySEC, FCA regulated
– Only $100 minimum deposit
– Over 15,000 trading instruments
– ASIC & VFSC Regulation
– Spreads from 0,0 Pips
– Free Demo Account
Well established Beginner friendly Free webinars Regulated: ASIC FCA Platforms: Advantage Web AT Pro MT4 WebTrader