- SYDNEY, AAP – Shares on the Australian market have closed at their highest level since the start of the coronavirus crash in February last year.
The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index closed higher by 17.6 points, or 0.25 per cent, to 7082.3.
It is less than 100 points from its record close of 7162.49, and a little more than 100 points from its record high of 7197.2.
The All Ordinaries on Thursday closed better by 26 points, or 0.36 per cent, to 7346 points.
Information technology shares were best, and rose 2.25 per cent.
The Australian dollar was buying 77.95 US cents at 1620 AEST, higher from 77.48 US cents at Wednesday’s close.
ASX has highest close since COVID crash
• Social and Copy Trading Platform
• Crypto, CFDs, Forex, Stocks
• 24/5 Customer Support
• Beginner Friendly
• ASIC, CySEC, FCA regulated
– Only $100 minimum deposit
– Over 15,000 trading instruments
– ASIC & VFSC Regulation
– Spreads from 0,0 Pips
– Free Demo Account
Well established Beginner friendly Free webinars Regulated: ASIC FCA Platforms: Advantage Web AT Pro MT4 WebTrader