- SYDNEY, AAP – Australia’s share market has made a second-half comeback from sizeable losses, but still closed lower and below the heights of 7000 points.The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index closed down 20.4 points, or 0.29 per cent, to 6997.4.
The All Ordinaries on Wednesday closed lower by 23.3 points, or 0.32 per cent, to 7258.8 points.
Health shares performed best and closed more than one per cent higher.
The losses followed global markets being rattled by rising COVID-19 infections in countries such as India.
The Australian dollar was buying 77.14 US cents at 1622 AEST, lower from 78.08 US cents at Tuesday’s close.
ASX drops 0.29 per cent despite rally
• Social and Copy Trading Platform
• Crypto, CFDs, Forex, Stocks
• 24/5 Customer Support
• Beginner Friendly
• ASIC, CySEC, FCA regulated
– Only $100 minimum deposit
– 1:500 max. leverage
– Over 15,000 trading instruments
– ASIC & VFSC Regulation
– Spreads from 0,0 Pips
– Free Demo Account
Well established Beginner friendly Free webinars Regulated: ASIC FCA Platforms: Advantage Web AT Pro MT4 WebTrader
· Canstar Broker of the Year – 10 years in a row
· Trade domestic and 15 international markets – all from one account
· Access advanced charting packages and trading tools
· Two innovative, award-winning platforms to choose from