- SYDNEY, AAP – Australia’s share market has pulled back from near-record heights, after its biggest loss of the month.
The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index closed down 47.8 points, or 0.68 per cent, to 7017.8.
The index on Monday had its best close since February 2020, and is 144 points from its record close.
The All Ordinaries on Tuesday closed lower by 45.9 points, or 0.63 per cent, to 7282.1 points.
Most shares were down. Health and information technology fared worst, with losses of more than one per cent.
The Australian dollar was buying 77.94 US cents at 1621 AEST, higher from 77.42 US cents at Monday’s close.
ASX closes down, biggest loss of April
• Social and Copy Trading Platform
• Crypto, CFDs, Forex, Stocks
• 24/5 Customer Support
• Beginner Friendly
• ASIC, CySEC, FCA regulated
– Only $100 minimum deposit
– Over 15,000 trading instruments
– ASIC & VFSC Regulation
– Spreads from 0,0 Pips
– Free Demo Account
Well established Beginner friendly Free webinars Regulated: ASIC FCA Platforms: Advantage Web AT Pro MT4 WebTrader