EXAMPLES OF NEW MAXIMUM PENALTIES
* Defective documents (was one year in jail, now five)
* Making false or misleading statements (was a fine, now two years in jail)
* Falsifying books (was two years in jail, now five)
* Obstructing or hindering ASIC (was a fine, now two years in jail)
* More than a dozen Corporations Act offences relating to duties and powers, audit, financial reports, fundraising and financial services disclosure will have 10 year jail term maximums.
* Civil penalties can be as high $210 million for a corporation.