REPORTING SEASON: Transurban Group (TCL)
Brought to you by CommSec
Figure 1: Transurban Group 12 month chart
Transurban result boosted by traffic growth
· Toll roads operator Transurban (TCL) reported better than expected FY14 numbers today.
· The strong result was driven by the fact Transurban is now in a growth phase after ending the construction phase of many of its toll roads. Construction costs over the FY14 year fell by 58.8% but the loss in construction revenue down 58.7% pushed total revenue over the period down 3.8%
· Toll revenues continued to increase through greater use and efficiencies up 13.1%
· Free cash flow for the year increased by 29% over the last year to $571.9Million and gearing improved over the year from 42.8% down to 41.0%
· Distribution already reported to the market back on the 23rd of May. TCL reported a second half distribution of $0.18 a share (that includes a 3.5 cent fully franked component.) to be paid on 14 August 2014
· Transurban confirmed its distribution guidance of $0.39 for the FY15 year. TCL expects the payout ratio to equal 70% of NPAT in FY15.